Friday, April 9, 2010

Boating in Saint John



I bought a boat. Yes this is a weird post but i though I would share with you all my reasoning for buying a boat (this post ties in with tourism I promise). The Kennebecasis River is an amazing body of water that should be experienced by all who visit our region. It is full of amazing aquatic life and not to mention the fishing one can do. My favorite spot is Long Island which is directly across from the Rothesay Yacht Club. It is about a 40 minute paddle from the Quispamsis / Rothesay area to the island. Some of the island is protected due to rare flowers that grow on it. Some of the island is privately owned.

The river system is amazing whether you are in a paddle boat, a kayak, or ripping around in a speed boat. When I worked my first ever job, I bought a kayak, I figure why not step up my game and get a speed boat. I'm much older and wiser now and above all, I deserve it.

The point that i'm trying to make is that an afternoon paddle or a boat ride on the Kennebecasis or Saint John River is a great way to spend time in the Saint John and surrounding areas. I know i'll be on my boat as soon as possible... visit www.tourismsaintjohn.com for more information on tour companies that offer these services!

-Saint John Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment