Friday, June 25, 2010

Locals Know

The CTC (Canada Tourism Commission) has launched their campaign "Locals Know" featuring people who post things to do off the beaten path. Well I think we should do a Suzy and Friends know. I feel confident we know whats fun to do in the Saint John and surrounding area. This week, I've asked my good friend and co-workers Sally what her favorite things to do in Saint John are:

Sally’s favourite things in Saint John:
1.Wind in my hair and sun on my back, sailing and racing on the Saint John and Kennebecasis Rivers

2.Imagining I am a tourist off a cruise ship , sightseeing along the boardwalk at Market Slip

3.Listening to the monkeys and letting my mind go, as I mountain bike or cross country ski through Rockwood Park. A twelve km work out that’s absolutely beautiful, calming and exhilarating at the same time.

4.Warm goat cheese salad with blue berries, and piping hot chicken curry soup out of a big mug at Opera Bistro. Mmmmmmm

5.Having lunch with a friend on the patio over looking Lily lake – relaxing

6.Dipping my toes in the river and going in for a cool swim.

7.Riding the cable ferries on a Sunday drive discovering out of the way places in Gagetown and the Evandale Inn

Wow I might have a busy weekend trying to fit this all in! Stay tunes to more favorite picks!

-Saint John Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment