Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rockwood Park Stables










I’m not one for horses. When I was a kid my mother put me in an Equestrian club. She bought me the special riding chaps, velvet helmet, riding boots and the awkward jacket to match it all. I looked like I’d been doing the sport for years because she had spent a fortune on my outer appearance. I can only imagine how bad she felt when I told her I was quitting two weeks later because the smell of the barn was gross. I was a bit of a fussy child.

Now that we’ve taken a walk down memory lane, I’d like to have a quick chat about the Rockwood Park Stables. Now I’ve posted about Rockwood Park before but I never really went into the detail about the stables. At a recent event held at the park, I was able to snap some photos of the horses that are kept there. They truly are beautiful and if you are an animal lover, coming to visit these horses is a must. These are the same horses used in the trolley tours sometimes seen around town.

Another thing I like about this Suzy spot is that there is a small petting zoo. I love petting zoos. I think it’s because I’m a fan of goats and there were at least two Billy goats I got to feed. This is a great spot for the kids and for any horse lover. Hey I even loved it!

This is another Saint John Suzy- Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment