Friday, July 23, 2010

Saint John Buskers Festival





This festival runs from July 22 to Jul 25. I can remember my grandparents taking me to see the shows when I was just a little girl. There were men breathing fire and women contorting their bodies in different ways.

The Saint John Buskers Festival includes an variety of street buskers, singing, dancing and participating in other forms of performing arts. Busking events are held in various locations around the city of Saint John and also include amusement rides, games, children's activities and much more.

This year the event will be held at Market Square Boardwalk and if it rains will be moved into the atrium.

I would encourage everyone to come out to these amazing events. They are virtually free, although these buskers’s livelihood depends on the tips they receive from their performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment