Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Loyalist Burial Ground


The Loyalist Burial Ground is a landmark in Saint John. Despite it being a historic grave yard, the park is actually quite beautiful. The greenery in the summertime is beautiful and is a must see when visiting the city. I find as a tourist, whenever I am in a destination I've never been before, I tend to get tired quite quickly. This park is somewhere where you can relax, unwind and get that second wind to do other fantastic fun things within the city. There is also a fountain where you can sit and regroup before hitting the market or taking a ride on the jet boat. For the historian in you, the park offers plenty of of interesting facts and historical depictions on different stones. You're walking and learning! who woulda thought? Next time you are in Saint John, grab a coffee and take a stroll through the Loyalist Burial Ground. You won't regret it I'm sure.
-Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment